While I can actually change size in preference to anything it doesn't affect any plain emails or view source. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 with Official Mozilla Thunderbird Linux package. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100111 Thunderbird/3.0.1
Are you sure this is not a duplicate ?
I did try search by word monospace didin't find exactly dupes. From what I see in Firefox we have same font settings and they actually work, but Firefox is bundled with Ubuntu. Will give a try 3.1 tomorrow
Did try on different Linux machine but same Ubuntu 9.10 installed and it works for me.
While I can change font in settings it does apply to new message font and some messages in message pane, but other messages are still having "default font". I see this is on both Linux and Windows build. For example all bugzilla mails still having "default font", I'll attach mail where font changes are effective. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206pre) Gecko/20100224 Lanikai/3.1b1pre
Wayne, did you see this too?
WFM changing both font and font size for monospace and opening a NEW window. However, displaying a different message in an existing 3pane window continues to use the same font+size. Are these the steps you are looking for? windows Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11pre) Gecko/20100224 Lanikai/3.1b1pre
Hmm that strange, whatever I try to change font or size it doesn't affect any of my bugmails. Tried to open in new tab or restart tab still using "default font" with same results in safe mode.
I agree it doesn't change bugmail behavior. I misunderstood comment 4 and had only tested your attached testcase
This looks like more core problem, but I doubt about component it fit.
18.104.22.168 doesn't have such problems
Here comes regression window 2007-02-06 last working correctly, and this one 2007-02-09 failed. There no windows build on 7 and 8 February. http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsquery.cgi?treeid=default&module=all&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&dir=&file=&filetype=match&who=&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=2&date=explicit&mindate=2007-02-06+00%3A00%3A00&maxdate=2007-02-09+23%3A59%3A00&cvsroot=%2Fcvsroot
From what I see if charset other than ISO-8859-1, you will not able to see font changes, while message have Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; it will work correctly displaying fonts.
Hmm, sounds like you need to change it for other encodings in the font chooser.
Now I found it UTF-8 actually hides in other languages. Looks like TB2 behavior completely confuse me, anyway closing. Thanks
Yeah, I really don't like calling UTF-8 "other languages", because it's what's used a lot of the time. Oh well.